Yet life is busy and hectic. To-dos are always present. Sleep is fleeting and food is…fast.
Sometimes you just need someone to point out the path to well-being – YOUR path – because we are all individuals with distinct needs in our lives and our bodies.
This is where a National Board-Certified Health and Wellness Coach comes in. (Hi! Hello!)
What will I do for you? I’ll be your guide, defining your health map and walking the path with you until you reach your goal to make attainable and sustainable changes to improve your health.
A Health Coach is for everyone, but by working with Amber Stevens, you are adopting a Mindful Eating and Mindful Living practice. This style of coaching is best for women and men, young and old, pregnant, family-centered, athletic or not – it fits all; but is not a one-size-fits-all. We are all connected, yet individuals. Coaching sessions are tailored to you while drawing from some universal tips that are good for all!
Your Personal Coaching
Virtual or In-Person
Health is so much more than just the food on our plate. It’s the people you connect with, the activities you participate in and the willingness to take control of your well-being. You need someone to support you. Someone who can look at your life objectively, without judgement and clear the barriers that are holding you back. You are not alone! We are in this together because I want to see you living a life of joy and good health!
What is a Health Coach?
Health Coaches are experts on human behavior, motivation and health. We are “your guide on the side” to help you set achievable goals and build new sustainable habits. Coaches empower you to be the expert on your own body, mind and life circumstances while helping you to navigate the broad variety of health information, challenges and desires for living your best life.
Health Coaches have a vast knowledge of diet, lifestyle and nutrition along with tools to support motivational and behavior changes. We are facilitators and partners. We are a source for information and a launch-pad for transformation!
Is Amber a good fit?
While Amber is experienced and knowledgeable in an expanse of health and wellness topics, her approach and methodology is bested suited for those who seek:
- Relief from Chronic Pain and Inflammation
- Freedom from Emotional Eating
- Control of disordered eating including binge eating
- To balance blood sugar and/or pre-diabetes
- To boost energy and metabolism
- Support for perimenopause symptoms
- Improved gut health including issues with IBS
- Ways to manage and reduce stress and stress Eating
- An end to yo-yo dieting
- To eat and live in balance and joy
YOU are always in the driver’s seat – let Mindfulness show the way!
Mindfulness is a popular word right now. It can be used in many ways but basically it means “awareness”. It encompasses the idea of being present, living in the moment. This is the key to unlocking your greatest strength to achieving your health goals. Working together, we will bring a deep awareness to all areas of your life – food, relationships, work, and more – which, combined, create health and vitality for your life.
What will I gain by using a Health Coach?
That’s a great question, but one that is a bit hard to answer. You will be connecting with your inner self where endless possibilities await you. Insights and “ah-ha” moments will come forth…specific to you and your needs. But to get you there, we will address the following:
- Your values and motivations for change
- Your environment and support systems
- Your diet (not “A” diet) and ways to incorporate easy, nutrient-dense foods to support your body and goals
- Ways to simplify, reducing stress, anxiety and life demands
- Your body, gut and mind connection
- Trust and acceptance of your body
- Health and life balance and how to find yours!
What can I expect in a session?
Conversations, guided meditations, somatic release and movements, and nutrition education merge with empathy and judgement-free support as we move through YOUR desire to change.
- Session one is a general conversation: where are you at now, how have you been in the past, and where do you want to be? This gets us to the root of your concerns and outlines your specific goals.
- Consecutive sessions will dive into your specific goals, one at a time, and identify the steps to move you forward and to see progress.
- Each session is tailored to your needs for that day or week – we move at your pace and in a focused direction.
- On occasion, we will use guided meditation to draw out your inner “knowing”, then blend that insight with external knowledge and education.
- 4 individualized sessions are recommended as a minimum with 12 being the optimal coaching time. (Research shows that taking three months to adjust habits, creates a new pattern that is long-lasting). 3-6 months is a normal period for learning and adjustment.
- Each session will last 30 to 60 minutes (depending on your session time booked) and will include a step-by-step plan to progress and to reach your goals.
- Sessions may include relevant handouts, activities, recipes, and/or meal plans.
- Every session is held in strict confidentiality.
- You will also receive ongoing support through email or text.
I’m ready! Now what?
Woohoo – let’s get started! Keep that positive attitude and know that you CAN do this. That everything you want for health and well-being are within your grasp. I’m ready to help guide your path! Book your first session virtually or in-person today!